The 2016 open enrollment period was from November 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016. People who qualify for Masshealth, subsidized health coverage, or have a life changing event can apply year-round.
For nearly 25 years, our free and multilingual service has been here to help you understand your options and get the coverage that you need. All Mayor’s Health Line staff members are state-certified navigators who can help you understand, apply, and enroll in health insurance. We offer confidential and free assistance.
The dates for the next three enrollment period are as follows:
- 2016-2017 OE period: Nov. 1, 2016 - Jan. 31, 2017
- 2017-2018 OE period: Nov. 1, 2017 - Jan. 31, 2018
- 2018-2019 (and beyond): Nov. 1 through Dec. 15
For personal assistance obtaining health insurance, the Mayor’s Health Line staff is available at 617-534-5050.
All health insurance in the marketplace will cover essential benefits. These services include:
- Ambulatory patient services (outpatient care you receive without being admitted to a hospital)
- Emergency services
- Hospitalization (such as surgery)
- Laboratory services
- Maternity and newborn care (care before and after your baby is born)
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment (this includes counseling and psychotherapy)
- Prescription drugs
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices (services and devices to help people with injuries, disabilities, or chronic conditions as they work to gain or recover mental and physical skills)