Access, Harm Reduction, Overdose Prevention and Education (AHOPE)AHOPE is a harm reduction and needle exchange site providing a range of service to active injection drug users, including:
AHOPE services are available at the walk-in center at 774 Albany Street and through mobile van and outreach sites around Boston.
- Integrated HIV/ Hepatitis/ and STI testing
- Free, legal, and anonymous needle exchange
- Supported referrals to HIV, Hepatitis, STI treatment, and medical
- Overdose prevention education and training
- Risk reduction supplies to reduce the spread of HIV and Hepatitis C infection
- Risk reduction counseling
- Supported referrals to all modalities of substance abuse treatment
For the AHOPE van schedule or for more information, please call 617-534-3976.
AHOPE Walk-In Hours at 774 Albany Street
Monday: 7:30-10:30 a.m., reopen 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 7:30-noon, reopen 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 7:30-noon, reopen 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Thursday: Tuesday: 7:30-noon, reopen 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Friday: Tuesday: 7:30-noon, reopen 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Who is eligible? The program serves active injection drug users in the Boston metropolitan area. Families, friends, and healthcare providers may contact AHOPE to learn about harm reduction and overdose prevention strategies for active users.
Please contact: 617-534-3976
For more information about AHOPE and harm reduction strategies,
please see AHOPE's participant guide: