The Mayor’s Health Line is a free, confidential, multilingual information and referral service. We help and welcome all residents regardless of immigration status. If you or your family needs legal assistance we provide referrals to legal services.
Our operating hours:
Monday - Friday from 9 am - 5 pm
Call or come visit!
617-534-5050 / Toll-Free: 1-800-847-0710
1010 Mass Ave Boston, MA 02118 2nd Floor
COVID Therapeutics Now Available Through FREE State Program!
Massachusetts has launched a new free telehealth program to help residents more easily access COVID-19 treatment. Learn more!
- The COVID-19 telehealth program is a quick, easy and free way for individuals to see if Paxlovid is an appropriate treatment for them. Paxlovid is a COVID-19 treatment pill taken orally that can reduce the risk for severe symptoms and hospitalization by nearly 90 percent
- This program is available to all COVID-19 positive individuals 18 years or older who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and currently live in Massachusetts.
- The telehealth visit consists of a short health intake survey and, if eligible, a video consultation with a health care clinician. During the telehealth visit, similar to an in-person visit with a medical provider, the clinician will review symptoms and risk factors, and determine if Paxlovid treatment is appropriate.
- If an individual is eligible for the treatment, the clinician will send a prescription to a pharmacy conveniently located for the individual or, if necessary, arrange for free overnight delivery of Paxlovid to an individual’s home.
- This program can be accessed at mass.gov/COVIDtelehealth and is available in English, Spanish, Haitian Creole and Portuguese
It's Open Enrollment 2022
The Mayor’s Health Line works to ensure Boston residents’ ability to access services and programs that promote health and wellness. The MHL staff is available to help residents with a variety of services including, answering questions about health insurance eligibility, enrolling in health insurance, finding primary care providers, finding social services, locating free clinics and many more.
The Mayor's Health Line offers services to help you understand, apply, and enroll in the expanded health coverage. All MHL staff are state-certified Navigators that offer confidential and free assistance.
Open enrollment for 2022 health plans offered through Massachusetts Health Connector begins November 1, 2021, and ends January 23, 2022. People who qualify for subsidized health insurance including MassHealth or have a qualifying life event can apply year round.
Call the Health Line for assistance with your health insurance application. We also provide individual case management and advocacy to our clients, navigating the health care system.
Mayor’s Health Line is your link to:
- Child Care Assistance
- Children's Medical Security Plan (CMSP)
- Food Assistance
- Health Safety Net
- Home Care Services For Elders
- Veteran's Services
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Community Health Centers
- Dental and Oral Health Services
- Financial Assistance Programs
- Free Clinics
- Legal Assistance Programs
- Mental Health services
- Nutritional Programs
- Primary Care Doctors
- Substance Abuse services
- And many other health and social services...
The Mayor's Health Line also provides community presentations and workshops on a variety of topics. Some presentation topics include:
- Health literacy
- Medicare 101
- Health Connector Plans
Connect with us via Twitter and Facebook!
@healthyboston: Stay up to date with the latest news and information on health, insurance, wellness, health care reform, and more through our Tweets on BPHC's Twitter feed.
HealthyBoston: Follow the Mayor's Health Line's updates on BPHC's Facebook fan page!